An erected penis is only a part of a bigger complex and process. The whole process involves your nervous system, sociological, psychological, the environment and the penis itself. Without any of these factors working in one’s favor, he will suffer the much dreaded erectile dysfunction (ED) among men. Understanding how the body works, helps one in understanding ED treatment. Men’s erections are stimulated by taste, smell, touch, proper functioning of penis muscles, proper blood flow and whole lot of other factors.
What is erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is experienced whenever any of the necessary conditions for the erection are disrupted or stopped altogether. A man’s inability to get or maintain an erection is called erectile dysfunction. When one suffers an ED he is often unable have ‘sufficient’ sexual intercourse with his partner. So men will seek ED treatment in order to have sexually satisfactory relationships.
What causes erectile dysfunction?
Generally, erectile dysfunction causes are divided into two:
- 1. Physical causes – It happens that ED is often caused by physical factors. In order to find out whether impotence is caused by physical factors, the healthcare physician needs to conduct tests and rule out certain conditions. These conditions could be blood pressure problems, high cholesterol, vascular diseases, diabetes, heart related problems and others. Some of the physical conditions that might cause ED need medications. Most popular ED medications are Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate), Cialis (Tadalafil), Kamagra (Sildenafil Citrate) and Levitra (Vardenafil). In some cases when nervous system is impaired surgery is applied.
- 2. Psychological causes – Unlike what some people think erectile dysfunction is mostly caused by psychological and emotional issues than the physical ones. At times, a doctor can diagnose a man with ‘performance anxiety’ which is related to ED and which needs to be addressed for the ED problem to go away. For many men, impotence is caused by depression and psychological factors even though there are some who suffer it because of the widower syndrome.
ED treatment depends on what caused it. The solution to one man’s problem is different from that of another because the causes might maybe different. The treatments will therefore vary including:
- Psychological treatments – For those who suffer from ED caused by psychological factors, sensate focus is proposed. It should be done for both partners: male and female. Sensate focus doesn’t involve any erectile dysfunction medicines such as Generic Viagra and other ED pills.
- Hormone therapy – This is recommended if a hormonal condition has been seen to be causing the problem.
- Vacuum pumps – This option comes with a tube connected to a pump which can be manually/electronically operated. The erection will normally last about ten minutes and its success rate is 90%.
- Phosphodietsterase – 5 (PDE-5) Inhibitors – These are the most popular ED treatment solutions today. Some of the ED pills include Viagra, Cialis, Levitra and Kamagra. While Cialis will last up to 36 hours, Viagra will only work for 8 hours. Depending on your needs, you should consider the duration of your PDE-5. Most people prefer to buy Viagra online. It’s convenient, cheaper and descreet. Generic Viagra is much cheaper than a brand one. There are many online pharmacies that propose generic Cialis, Kamagra, Levitra and other ED pills.
- Lifestyle changes – Lifestyle contributes to our well-being. Some of the problems that cause ED include obesity, smoking and alcohol consumption. Erectile dysfunction pills can help for a short time. However living habbits should be altered.